Have Your Cake And Eat It Too-6 Ways To Have Sweets The Healthy Way
If you have an uncontrollable sweet tooth, that makes you even give up your meal to indulge in your favourite dessert then you are in my league. Sweets of any kind are a treat for me.However thankfully being in the health care business, i keep a check on what i eat.I have come to an able solution that allows me to indulge in my sweet desires and keep me healthy too. Here’s my list of eating sweets the healthy way.
- Drink sweetened lemon water(1 tablet equal+1/2 teaspoon sugar) or juice diluted with soda or water instead of aerated drinks.
- Eat natural sources of sugar like fruits or sugarcane instead of packaged sweets.One of my favourite desserts is low fat yogurt whipped with strawberries.
- Choose fruit based breads and muffins like banana bread or pumpkin seed muffin over cream cakes.
- Choose low fat sugar free varieties of ice creams and cookies over the regular ones.
- If possible try baking cakes at home with whole wheat flour(atta) instead of maida.You can also add bran to your cakes to increase the nutritional value.
- When having Indian sweets choose paneer based bengali mithais over burfis and gulabjamuns.Bengali sweets are slightly low in calories than the other sweets.A way to further reduce calories in rasgulla is to wash it in plain water and have it. This way you reduce the calories by almost 60 percent and still have a sweet tinge of your favourite mithai.
A meal is not complete without a dessert, however when having a dessert keep in mind the sugar calories also. So keep the portion size to not more than one serving.In case you end up having more then you have to do away with a meal, which is not a good idea. It is actually very simple just keep things in moderation and enjoy the sweet joys of food.