Can’t Seem To Get Motivated To Lose Weight? Try Competition
Follow me, does this happen too often with you.
- Do you start exercising with a super force only that it comes to a dead end after a couple of days?
- Do you follow a disciplined diet only to postpone it for that one piece of chocolate cake?”I’ll start again tomorrow “is what you tell yourself.
- Do you feel you have a great will power but yet succumb to the sight of delicious food?Do you try to motivate yourself everyday only that it’s not enough to get you on the weight loss track?
- Does the sight of healthy food makes you feel more hungry?
- Do you plan to eat only one portion only that the plan doesn’t work?
If the answers to these questions are affirmative then you are stuck in a weight loss- gain circle.This means you want to lose weight but the want is just not enough.I have seen many people stuck in this whirlpool only to get further into it. So what is the best way to lose weight, well I’d say it’s competition.Humans are programmed to do better in a situation when there is a driving force be it money, jealousy or even people around you.The best way to stay motivated is to stay competitive, and the best kind of competition you can have is with yourself.Striving to achieve a little more than you did yesterday is the best thing to do to keep those batteries running.However competition with someone around you like your spouse, a friend or just a sleeping pal( someone who you don’t talk to but you admire) can also do the trick, only be careful not to make it unhealthy.Here’s how you can compete to get motivated
- Find a motivating force, it could be your old picture, your spouse, friend, someone who a a great body or practices amazing discipline.
- Start slowly into the competition bit by bit. Change one thing about you daily, the way you eat( cut down one roti in a day) or exercise for an extra 5 minutes.
- Keep on increasing the intensity of motivation everyday, only do not get obsessed with it. Always remember you are greater than the situation you are in, a simple sentence with a deep rooted meaning.
- Reward yourself for achieving a target, it could be eating your favourite dish or shopping.
- Once you get into the flow then you will automatically start competing with yourself to improve.
It’s actually pretty simple just the driving forces could be many, once you have found your force then you are out of the circle.Try it..or maybe compete with what i have written, it’ll work.