10 Ways To Be Weight Smart During Navratras
The festival season is just round the corner with the navratras leading it on.The divine smell of fried potatoes, kheer, kuttu poories and pakoras is truly irresistable.However on the contrary the amount you eat during these nine days stays on the weighing scale for quite some time.Well i have a suggestion , why not eat everything without putting on kilos. The simple art of substitution is all that is called for here. You just need to do a bit of swapping and play around with food. Here’s how
- Avoid deep frying the potatoes instead boil or bake them when making vegetables.
- Instead of refined oil use ghee, more healthier and gives a higher satiety value.
- Substitute whole milk with skimmed milk.
- Substitute sugar with jaggery or dates
- Drink up ! water, coconut water, lemonade …as much as you can.It works as a great detox.
- Eat green veggies like pumpkin and ghia to keep your nutrition on a boost.
- Use rajgira atta or kuttu ka atta to make rotis, dosas, cheela instead of pooris.
- Look out for innovative navratra recipes such as kadhi, theplas, dhoklas. These can be made with very minimal oil and are delicious to eat too.
- Go fruity this navrata.Eat fresh fruits in the form of salads, smoothies, raitas and puddings to keep your daily dose of vitamins coming up.
- Keep your guilt trips to moderate.Portion control is the key to stay in the safety circle, eat but keep a limit to it.
Navratra is a time to feast…well i would say it healthy feast.Eating is a pleasure and no one should be denied of it so why not eat smartly and that too everything.