Chawal Ka Dhokla
This navratra keep it light, try this light, delicious and low calorie dhokla. It is easy to make and yum to eat.
3/4 cup samak ke chawal-dry roasted lightly, cooled
1 cup yoghurt
1 tsp ginger-chopped
green chillies-to taste
1 tsp rock salt
1 tbsp oil
2 whole red chillies
6-7 curry leaves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp oil
- Grind together the ginger and green chillies to a smooth paste.
- Mix the rice and yoghurt into a smooth, thickish batter and add the ground paste, salt, oil and leave it to ferment for 4-6 hours in a warm place. It should become a little spongy.
- Grease a round tin, just before pouring it, beat the batter a bit and transfer into greased tin.
- Place tin into a steamer or in a large vessel with a lid, which will accommodate the tin, let it cook for 20 minutes. Test if it is done, with a skewer and if it comes out clean, remove from flame and let cool.
- Prepare tempering and pour over the dhokla. Cut into desired size pieces and serve garnished with coriander and coconut.
Recipe courtesy: http://cooks.ndtv.com
Calories per serving (4 pieces) – 150 calories